- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chile pequ ns, crushed, to taste
- Pinch of granulated sugar
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan. Add onions and garlic; reduce heat
to low and sauté until softened.
- Stir in tomato sauce and tomatoes.
Heat to boiling.
- Add salt, pepper, chile pequins and sugar. Simmer
uncovered for 10 minutes.
Crushed red pepper to taste may be substituted for the chile pequins.