Taco Truck Salsa
This delicious, serrano pepper-based salsa is exactly like what is commonly served on taco trucks.
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 13 serranos, chopped (de-seed for less spice)
- 4 cloves garlic
- Heaping spoonful mayonnaise
- Pinch of oregano (optional)
- Small handful cilantro
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Salt and Knorr chicken powder, to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Add avocado oil to a skillet. Add onion, serranos and garlic; fry over medium
low until the chiles turn a darker green.
- Add oil, serranos, onion and garlic to a blender along with cilantro,
mayonnaise, pinch of oregano and lime juice. Pulse, then blend for 2 minutes
- Pour into a container. Add salt and Knorr to taste mix well then place in
refrigerator until ready to use.