Taco Truck Salsa
This delicious, serrano pepper-based salsa is exactly like what is commonly served on taco trucks.
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 13 serranos, chopped (de-seed for less spice)
- 4 cloves garlic
- Heaping spoonful mayonnaise
- Pinch of oregano (optional)
- Small handful cilantro
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Salt and Knorr chicken powder, to taste
- Add avocado oil to a skillet. Add onion, serranos and garlic; fry over medium
low until the chiles turn a darker green.
- Add oil, serranos, onion and garlic to a blender along with cilantro,
mayonnaise, pinch of oregano and lime juice. Pulse, then blend for 2 minutes
- Pour into a container. Add salt and Knorr to taste mix well then place in
refrigerator until ready to use.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: lonbinder
>> Southwestern Salsa and Sauce Recipes