Tom's Taquito Sauce
This is a great taquito sauce. The next best thing to guacamole!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 6 jalapenos, chopped (depending on level of heat you like)
- 1 avocado, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and jalapenos
and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 3
minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat and
simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chopped avocado, lime juice, cilantro and
salt and pepper. Use and immersion blender or add in batches to
regular blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve warm over hot taquitos.
This sauce also freezes well. It is a little thin but maybe it
was just me making it. The taste was still great!
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.
Source: This was posted by Tom, N. California on the TSR board on
2-20-01. I have slightly edited the recipe from my own experience
in making the sauce.