Tom's Taquito Sauce
This is a great taquito sauce. The next best thing to guacamole!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 6 jalapenos, chopped (depending on level of heat you like)
- 1 avocado, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and jalapenos
and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 3
minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat and
simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chopped avocado, lime juice, cilantro and
salt and pepper. Use and immersion blender or add in batches to
regular blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve warm over hot taquitos.
This sauce also freezes well. It is a little thin but maybe it
was just me making it. The taste was still great!
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.
Source: This was posted by Tom, N. California on the TSR board on
2-20-01. I have slightly edited the recipe from my own experience
in making the sauce.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.