Gaucho Grill Sandwich
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped, divided
- 3/4 cup lime juice, divided
- 3/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped, divided
- 3 cups Wish-Bone Italian Dressing, divided
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 1/2 pounds skirt steaks
- 24 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 36 slices tomatoes, sliced
- 24 slices red onions, sliced
- To make the marinade for the skirt steaks, combine 1/2 cup of the cilantro,
1/2 cup of the lime juice, 1/4 cup of the parsley, and 2 cups of the Wish-Bone
Dressing. Hold refrigerated.
- To make the sauce, combine the remaining 1/2 cup cilantro, 1/4 cup lime
juice, 1/2 cup parsley, 1 cup Wish-Bone Italian Dressing, and the garlic. Hold
- Marinate the skirt steaks in the reserved marinade for 2 hours.
- Drain, grill until medium rare, and slice thinly.
- To assemble each sandwich, mound 4 ounces of the steak onto 1 slice of the
sourdough. Top with 3 slices of tomato, 2 slices red onion, 2 tablespoons of
the sauce, and the remaining slice of bread.
Yield: 12 servings