Mexican Burger with Guacamole
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 small ripe tomato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup oil, extra
- 4 flour tortillas, halved
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bottled tomato salsa
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit. Peel avocado and place flesh in a bowl.
Mash well. Add tomato, garlic, onion, juice and cilantro. Mix to combine. Set
- Heat combined oils in large pan. Add onion, cook over medium heat for 3-4
minutes or until golden. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Combine onion, ground beef, chili, cumin, salt and 1/2 cup cheese in medium
bowl. Mix with hands until well combined. Divide mixture into 4 portions and
shape into round patties; flatten slightly.
- Reheat frying pan, adding a little extra oil if necessary. Cook meat patties
over medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through.
- While patties are cooking, heat extra oil in another pan. Place 1 tablespoon
cheese on one half of each piece of tortilla. Fold tortillas over, press down
and fry until golden on each side.
- Place tortilla halves on serving plates. On 4 of them, place lettuce, tomato,
a meat patty, tomato salsa and guacamole.
Yield: 4 servings
The cheese holds the tortillas together while frying.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2004/3/28 17:12.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.