- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts, room temperature
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brown beef in large skillet; drain. Add chiles, water and seasoning mix; mix well.
- Place unwrapped pie crusts on cutting board; unfold. Cut each crust in half,
making 4 half circles. Place 1/2 cup beef filling on half of each half circle.
Place 1/4 cup cheese on top of each. Dampen edge of crust with water. Fold sides
over filling; crimp edges with tines of fork. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Garnish as desired.
Yield: 4 servings