- 3 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole-kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons diced canned green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sliced pimento
- Minced parsley
- In the top of a double boiler, sauté green pepper in butter until tender.
Place over hot water and add tomatoes, corn, chiles, salt and cheese. Stir until
well blended and cheese is melted.
- Blend in crumbs and egg. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened.
- Put into a chafing dish, garnish with sliced pimiento and minced parsley,
and serve over toast.