Santa Fe Stuffed Toast
- 8 (1-inch) slices French bread
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, sliced into 8 pieces
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- Cut a pocket into each slice of bread horizontally; place a piece of cheese in pocket and press to close.
- Combine the eggs, milk and chili powder in a bowl. Dip each slice of bread in mixture on both sides.
- Heat butter in a large skillet on medium heat and cook the bread for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve the toast with the salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Yield: 4 servings