Southwestern "Pit" Barbecue
Southwestern "Pit" Barbecue is excellent for burritos or served on onion rolls.
- 5 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon hot chili salsa
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over the roast. Cover and refrigerate
- Bake, covered at 275 degrees F for a maximum of 10 hours. The meat will
shred very easily.
Yield: about 25 sandwiches