Chicken Avocado Soup
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 avocado
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onions and garlic for 1 minute.
- Carefully add in the broth, oregano and the chicken. Bring to a boil and then
turn down to a simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Place
shredded chicken back in pot.
- Chop up the cilantro, tomato and avocado and add
to soup. Let the soup sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Serves 4 to 6.