Chicken Enchilada Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons butter, margarine or olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1(4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces reduced fat sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chili cheese dip
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained well
- 4 ounces reduced fat shredded Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese, for garnish, optional
- Heat the butter, margarine or olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add the chicken
and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 3 minutes more, until chicken is nearly done.
Add the chiles and the broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the sour cream, chili
cheese dip and chopped spinach.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, but DO NOT BOIL.
- Ladle into bowls and top each serving with some of the shredded cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Soup Recipes