Chicken Fajita Soup
Warm up this fall with Chicken Fajita Soup. It’s loaded with chunks of vegetables
and chicken, seasoned with the authentic McCormick® Organics Fajita Seasoning. Top
it with cheese, tortilla strips and sliced jalapeño peppers for a complete, weeknight-friendly
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into
- 1 package McCormick® Organics Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 3 cups Kitchen
Basics® Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add peppers
and onion; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, Seasoning Mix, stock, tomatoes and corn. Bring to boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with tortilla strips.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Serving Size: 1 cup
10 mins Prep time
25 mins Cook time
Serving Suggestion: Serve with assorted toppings, such as chopped avocado, shredded
cheese and sliced jalapeño peppers.
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 177 Cholesterol: 38mg
Sodium: 546mg Protein: 17g Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Fiber: 2g Carbohydrate:
Recipe and photograph used with permission from