Cold Peach Soup
This is wonderful made with wine from Arizona's own wineries.
- 4 ripe peaches
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 whole cloves
- Orange slices
- Plunge peaches in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove skins and pits. Puree in a blender or food processor and transfer
puree to an enameled saucepan.
- Add wine, water, sugar, cinnamon, curry and cloves. Bring to a boil and
simmer, stirring, for 10 minutes.
- Remove cloves and let soup cool.
- Chill for at least 4 hours and serve in chilled bowls, garnished with thin
slices of orange.