Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
This fast, easy and delicious soup can be prepared with or without the hominy.
- 3 cans chicken*
- 3 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 soup cans milk
- 1 soup can water
- 2 cans corn
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can hominy, drained and rinsed well (optional)
- 1 jar medium heat salsa
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
* or 1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- Tortillas, thinly sliced
- Shredded cheese
- Soup: Add all ingredients to a Dutch oven and bring to a slow simmer for about 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Garnish: Fry sliced tortillas in oil until crispy, and drain onto a plate.
- Top soup with shredded cheese, avocado, crispy tortilla strips and chopped cilantro.