Festive Guacamole Soup
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 2 large leaves lettuce (preferably romaine or other dark green)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, with tops
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ground chile
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro (1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 4 cups Swanson's Chicken Broth
- Minced red pepper for garnish
- Sour cream for garnish
- Cut avocado into quarters, remove pit and peel, and put the flesh in a blender
or food processor. Tear the lettuce leaves into pieces; place in blender. Add remaining ingredients and 2 cups chicken
broth; puree until smooth. Pour into pan; stir in remaining chicken broth. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with minced red pepper and a dollop of sour cream if desired.