Gazpacho (Summer Cold Soup)
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 (about 4 inches) medium cucumber
- 1/2 large green
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 or a 4-inch piece of
baguette, soaked in water
- 4 large, very ripe, red about
3 inches in diameter tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Cut garlic, cucumber and green pepper and liquefy in a blender.
- Add oil and vinegar to get a homogenous, smooth mix.
- Squeeze bread to get some water out, add to blender and blend well.
- Drop the tomatoes in boiling water until their skins pop (should be less
than a minute) and peel.
- Add tomatoes cut in quarters, a little at a time, blending after each addition.
Add salt. Don't put on high speed for tomatoes if you want a coarser texture.
- Taste. It should be doubly strong in garlic, salt, and vinegar, because
it will be diluted when you add ice cubes to the bowls for serving. If it's
not strong enough, pour a little out and add garlic, vinegar and oil to taste.
- Serve cold.
Posted by Chef Bob - chefolder.com at recipegoldmine.com.