Green Chile Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds pork neck bones
- 2 (7 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 2 pounds
- 28 ounces chopped stewed tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion, cubed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 cups water
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place bones into a heavy roasting pan and add enough water to cover bottom
of pan. Cover pan with a tight fitting lid and cook until browned. You may need
to add more water while it is cooking.
- In a large stock pot, combine browned bones, chiles, potatoes, tomatoes,
onion, celery, cumin, chili pepper and liquid. Simmer for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove bones from soup, remove any meat, and place meat back into soup.
- Serve when vegetables are tender.
>> Southwestern Soup Recipes
>> Mexican Soup Recipes