Green Chile Soup
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
12 fresh or frozen,
thawed wanton skins
1 tablespoon butter
1 leek (white part only), thinly
1 cup chopped celery
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 (7 ounce) can
1 cup water
2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles, drained
2 cups milk
8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir
in 1 teaspoon each water and oil.
- Cut wonton skins in half diagonally and place on large ungreased baking
sheet. Brush wontons with chili powder mixture. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek, celery and
garlic; cook 4 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken
broth, 1 cup water and chiles. Heat to a boil.
- Whisk together milk, flour and cumin until smooth. Add milk mixture to saucepan
and cook until thickened, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes.
- Ladle into individual
soup bowls. Serve with seasoned wontons.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
>> Southwestern Soup Recipes
>> Mexican Soup Recipes