Guadalajara Gazpacho with Shrimp
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cups spicy vegetable juice
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup green onions,
- 1 medium avocado, cut in 1/4 -inch dice
- 1 cup diced jicama
- 1 cup fresh corn off the cob (about 2 ears)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 8 large shrimp, cooked, peeled,
deveined and cut into 1/3-inch chunks
- In a blender, puree tomatoes, vegetable juice, chili sauce and lime juice
until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in onions, avocado, jicama, corn, salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. Can also be made 2 days ahead and refrigerated.
- To serve, stir and adjust seasoning.
- Divide among 4 chilled soup bowls.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and shrimp.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: Calories 233 Fat 9g Cholesterol 22 mg Sodium 969 mg Percent
Calories from fat 30%
Source: Dallas Morning News 7/3/96