- 3 pounds fresh pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
cup El Pato hot tomato sauce
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 roasted
green chiles, skins and seeds removed,
- coarsely chopped, or 2 (4 ounce) cans green
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Melt the shortening in a large, heavy saucepan or Dutch oven. Sear the meat
in the oil.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover tightly and simmer for two hours. Stir
occasionally to prevent sticking.
This can also be cooked in a slow cooker after browning the meat.