Santa Fe Chipotle Beef Stew
- 3 cups College Inn® Bold Stock Tender Beef
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Original Recipe Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn No Salt Added
- 3 pounds beef, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper in adobe sauce
- 2 pounds red potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Brown beef in oil in large skillet over medium heat, stirring until all
sides are brown.
- Place meat in slow cooker. Sprinkle flour, chili powder, cumin and salt
and pepper to taste. Stir to coat well. Add undrained tomatoes and all remaining
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 10 or 11 hours or on HIGH for about 5
to 6 hours.
- Stir thoroughly before serving.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 6 hr | Makes 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation