Tumacacori Mission Pozole
Posole is traditionally made for New Year's Day in many homes throughout
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup yellow
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup cooked pinto beans
- 1/2 cup
pitted black olives, halved
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil; add meat, onion and garlic, and cook
until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in 1/4 cup water, chili powder and salt. Heat to boiling; reduce heat
and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups water and cornmeal; cook
and stir until bubbly. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes more, or until slightly
thickened and cornmeal no longer settled out; set aside.
- Add corn to meat mixture; cook for 5 minutes more or until meat and corn
- Stir in cornmeal mixture, beans, olives and tomatoes. Heat through.