Baja Fish Tacos with Onion Mango Salsa
- 1 small red onion (6-7 ounces)
- 4 frozen breaded white fish fillets or 8 breaded fish sticks
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup slivered red or green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mashed chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 4 large crisp taco shells, stand-and-stuff style, if available
- Peel and trim onion; cut in half from top to bottom. Place each half flat side
down on the cutting surface. Make narrow vertical cuts from top to bottom of the
onion to make narrow wedges.
- Place onion wedges on a baking sheet along with frozen fish fillets and bake
at 425 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or as directed on fish packaging.
- Meanwhile, combine mango, bell pepper, cilantro, and lime juice. In another bowl,
mix sour cream with chipotle chiles.
- When fish is done, place one fillet in each taco shell.
- Mix roasted onion into mango combination and spoon about 1/2 cup over each taco.
- Top with chipotle cream.
- Serve with salad, rice and/or black beans, if desired.
Yield: 2 or 4 servings
The quality of fish product will make a significant difference in the outcome
of this recipe.
Recipe and photo credit: the National Onion Association.
Other recipes you may like...
Pulled Pork Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa
Spicy Steak Tacos with Southwestern Guacamole
Tacos de Carnitas
Tacos el Carbon