This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Baja Fried Fish Tacos
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boned and skinned white fish
- Vegetable oil for frying fish
- 6 warm corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Tomato salsa
- Lime wedges
- In a bowl, whisk beer, flour and salt, blending well.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Cut into six oblong pieces.
- In a deep skillet, heat about one inch of oil to 360 degrees F.
- Coat fish pieces in beer batter and drain briefly. Slide fish into oil.
Turn when golden.
- Cook another one or two minutes on the other side and remove.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Mix the mayonnaise with a little water to thin and add the minced garlic.
- To assemble the taco, add one piece of fish to each tortilla.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice, if desired.
- Top with cabbage, tomato salsa and/or mayonnaise dressing.