This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 ounces ground beef or pork or turkey breast
- 1 (15 ounce) can rinsed and drained pinto beans
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 8 corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, Monterey jack cheese for garnishes
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and coat with
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add meat and cook
4 or 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Add beans, salsa and taco seasoning. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low and
simmer uncovered 5 or 6 minutes, stirring and mashing some of the beans as you
stir, until thickened.
- Spoon meat mixture into center of each tortilla. Fold in half. Press down
gently and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Coat tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and cheese as desired.