- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 ounces ground beef or pork or turkey breast
- 1 (15 ounce) can rinsed and drained pinto beans
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 8 corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, Monterey jack cheese for garnishes
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and coat with
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add meat and cook
4 or 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Add beans, salsa and taco seasoning. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low and
simmer uncovered 5 or 6 minutes, stirring and mashing some of the beans as you
stir, until thickened.
- Spoon meat mixture into center of each tortilla. Fold in half. Press down
gently and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Coat tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and cheese as desired.
Other recipes you may like...
Pulled Pork Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa
Spicy Steak Tacos with Southwestern Guacamole
Tacos de Carnitas
Tacos el Carbon