Barbacoa Beef Walking Tacos
Looking to spice up your tailgating game? Try these tasty Barbacoa Beef Walking
Tacos that are loaded with grilled corn, shredded lettuce and white cheddar cheese.
Recipe developed by Chef Billy Parisi.
- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) bags yellow tortilla chips
- In a large bowl coat the beef on all sides with the salt, cumin, chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat and sear the beef on all
sides until it is golden brown.
- Once it is browned, transfer it to a slow cooker and pour in the can of RO*TEL.
Cook for 5 hours on high heat or 8 hours over low heat.
- Once the cooking time is up, use 2 forks to shred the beef. Keep warm.
- To cook the corn, place it directly on a hot grill (450 degrees to 550 degrees
F) and cook on all sides until the kernels turn bright yellow and begin to lightly
brown, about 8 to 10 minutes total.
- Trim the corn off of the ear and set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of shredded barbacoa beef over some tortilla chips and
garnish with grilled corn, shredded lettuce and shredded white cheddar cheese.
Servings 12 | Time 25 min | Total Time 4 1/2 hr
Cook's Tip: To add moisture to the barbacoa walking tacos, add a dollop of sour
cream and/or some of the cooking liquid from the slow cooked barbacoa beef.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 538
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Conagra Brands, Inc.