This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Carne Asada Tacos 2
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground chile de arbol or New Mexican red chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) skirt steak, trimmed of fat and the white membrane
- 6 onions
- Vegetable oil
- 12 small corn tortillas
- Pico de gallo salsa or your favorite tomato based salsa
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Put all the Marinade ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree
- Cover the steak with the marinade and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature,
or 4 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a charcoal grill and when the coals are medium hot, brush the onions
with the oil and place over the coals to roast, turning frequently so they don't
- Add the steak and grill to the desired doneness (for a steak that is 1 1/2
to 2 inches thick, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare).
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp towel and place in a microwave safe container.
- Microwave at 50% for 4 minutes and let sit, covered for a couple of minutes.
- Carve the steak across the grain into long thin pieces.
- Arrange the meat on a platter and serve along the hot tortillas and the
Yield: 10 to 12 tacos