Chicken Tacos 3
- 5 or 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
to 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- Spice Mix: 1 teaspoon each basil, cumin
and garlic powder, mixed and divided
- 1/2 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (5 to
6 ounce) can green chili salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in skillet. Add 1/2 spice mix at beginning of cooking and remainder
as chicken is turned during cooking.
- When chicken is tender (still a little pink), add taco seasoning and green
chili salsa. Mix well.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add water, and continue stirring. When sauce
begins to bubble, lower heat to simmer.
- Add some salt and pepper, and stir.
- Let sauce cook down, stirring occasionally.
- Serve tacos with refried beans.
- Top tacos with shredded cheese and lettuce.
Yield: 4 to 8 servings