Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
Here's grilling fare that takes full advantage of the robust, smoking flavor
of chipotle by pairing it with shrimp in a tasty taco.
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Chipotle
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt
- 1/2 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp (about 24 shrimp)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 corn tortillas
- 1 pinch minced cilantro, for topping
- 1 pinch Cotija cheese, for topping
- An hour before grilling, soak 6 wooden skewers in water. In a bowl,
toss shrimp with olive oil, chipotle powder, garlic powder, and sea salt.
Cover and refrigerator until ready to grill.
- For grilling, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread the chipotle
shrimp onto skewers and place on the hot grill. Cook on each side for 1
to 2 minutes. Shrimp should be translucent and have some nice grill marks
without being rubbery. Remove from grill and remove from skewers.
- To make avocado topping, cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and
cut the avocado in a grid pattern. Using a spoon, scoop over the avocado
into a bowl and toss with lime juice.
- To assemble the tacos, heat the tortillas on the grill for 15 to 30
minutes, just long enough to make them pliable, but not crisp. Top each
tortilla with 3 shrimp, a spoonful of avocado and top with cilantro and
Total Time: 20 min | Hands-on Time: 20 min | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit: Frontier Co-op
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.