This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 medium-small potato
- 1 Anaheim or New Mexico chile (or more, to taste)
- 2 links Mexican chorizo
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- Diced fresh tomato (optional)
- Steam or boil the potato.
- Roast the chile with an electric broiler or over a flame.
- Place in a paper sack, seal tightly and put in freezer.
- In about 5 minutes, remove from freezer and peel the skin from the chile.
Remove seeds. Dice flesh.
- Dice potato large.
- Place chorizo, potato and chile in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave, stirring occasionally, until chorizo is thoroughly hot.
- Steam a tortilla. If you don't have a steamer, wrap the tortilla in
wet paper towels and microwave.
- Spoon some chorizo mixture into the warm tortilla.
- Top with lettuce (optional), cheese and tomatoes (optional).
- Repeat with remaining three tortillas.