Easy Mexican Taco Meat
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) chuck roast
- 4 medium size tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 bunch very fresh cilantro
- 1 tomatillo
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Cut the roast into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Put it in a large frying pan, pour on the vinegar and let it brown slowly.
Add water to keep the meat from drying as it browns.
- Cut the tomatoes, tomatillo and onion into quarters and add to the frying
- Crush the clove of garlic and add to the pan, along with the chili powder
- Use about half of the cilantro. Chop the leaves and add to the pan. Let
the dish simmer for at least 1 hour. The longer it simmers, the better it is.
Add small amounts of water if needed to keep liquid in the pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with warm tortillas, guacamole and sour cream.
Other recipes you may like...
Pulled Pork Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa
Spicy Steak Tacos with Southwestern Guacamole
Tacos de Carnitas
Tacos el Carbon