Fiesta Shrimp Tacos
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Cotija Salsa (recipe below)
- Lime wedges
- 1 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss shrimp with cumin in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and cook
until opaque throughout, about 3 minutes.
- To serve, place equal amounts shrimp on each tortilla, then top with lettuce
and Cotija salsa, dividing equally.
- Accompany with lime wedges.
- Cotija Salsa: Combine all ingredients.
Makes 8 tacos, 4 servings.