Garlic Shrimp Tacos
- 4 ounces fresh rock shrimp
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh peeled garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
salt and pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3 medium radishes, grated
- 1 cup thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, combine shrimp, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Set
aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place flour in a medium bowl.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and drain well. Set marinade aside.
- Toss shrimp in flour to coat.
- Remove shrimp to a separate plate.
- Discard any remaining flour.
- Heat peanut oil in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Sauté shrimp for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining marinade and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Finish off the dish by adding butter and tossing with the shrimp and garlic
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat tortillas one at a time in a small, dry sauté pan over high heat, just
until hot and softened.
- Stack 2 tortillas on top of each other, fill with one-quarter of the shrimp
and top with desired amount of topping.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 tacos.