Grilled Catfish Tacos with Citrus Slaw
- 4 (6 ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
tablespoon mild or hot chili powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon
fresh lemon or lime juice
- 4 flour tortillas, "soft taco" (10-inch)
- Citrus Slaw
- Lemon and/or lime wedges
- Cilantro leaves, optional
- 2 cups prepared cole slaw mix
- 1 cup orange
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Prepare grill.
- Combine chili powder, oil and lemon/lime juice in a small bowl; brush over
both sides of fillets.
- Arrange in a wire grilling basket coated with cooking spray.
- Place grilling basket on a grill rack; grill 6-8 minutes on each side until
catfish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Slice fillet; place sliced catfish on a tortilla and top with Citrus Slaw.
- Squeeze lemon and/or lime over slaw.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Citrus Slaw: Combine all ingredients in a bowl; tossing gently. Cover and
Yield: 4 servings. Per serving: 518 calories; 38 g carbohydrates; 27 g fat;
33 g protein; 559 mg sodium; 80 mg cholesterol; 3 g fiber
Source: Catfish Institute