This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Grilled Chicken Tacos with Avocado Salsa
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 jalapeno or serrano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup finely minced scallions - white part and 1 inch of green top
- Heat broiler.
- Mix the vinegar, oil, and half the salt.
- Rub chicken breast halves with the mixture and grill breast halves about
5 minutes on each side or until no pink remains but meat is still quite juicy.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining salt with chiles, scallions, cilantro, tomato,
avocado, and lime juice.
- When chicken is done, remove skin and cut the chicken into thin strips or chunks.
- Lay out 4 tortillas and divide lettuce, chicken and salsa equally among them.
- Fold up tacos and serve.
Yield: 4 servings