This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 limes, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 (14 to 16 ounce) jar green (tomatillo) salsa
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk and cumin;
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter and the garlic.
- Heat a grill or broiler.
- Rinse the shrimp and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the shrimp and lime wedges on the skewers.
- Brush the shrimp with the garlic butter.
- Grill or broil until the shrimp are cooked through and the limes are browned,
about 3 minutes per side.
- Season the shrimp with the salt.
- Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Grill or broil the tortillas until warmed, about 30 seconds per side.
- Place tortillas between clean towels to keep warm.
- To serve, remove the shrimp from the skewers, divide them evenly among the
tortillas, and top each with the cabbage, sour cream mixture and salsa.
- Serve the lime wedges on the side.
Yield: 4 servings