This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Honey and Spice Sauteed Pork Hand Tacos
What’s better than fun taco recipes? Fun pork taco recipes! This sweet
and spicy pork taco dish is a great party recipe idea. Honey chipotle pork
tacos will surprise you with sweet, smoky flavor that finished up with a kick.
The homemade honey chipotle marinade is a keeper, too, and would easy factor
into a variety of other dishes!
- 1 pound boneless pork chops, thinly-cut (1/2-inch thick), cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, (smoked or plain paprika can be used as an alternative)
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup pico de gallo*
- Light sour cream or crema to taste
- In a medium size bowl combine the honey, olive oil, lemon juice, soy
sauce and ground chipotle pepper and whisk to combine. Add the sliced pork
to the marinade and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the slices of pork to the skillet and
cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, flipping with tongs in the middle of the
cooking process. Once cooked, remove the pork to a plate and reserve.
- Arrange 8 corn tortillas on a platter. Sprinkle each with equal amounts
of shredded lettuce and pico de gallo. Arrange a few pieces of pork on top
of each taco, and top with sour cream or crema if desired.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Yield: 4 servings, 2 tacos each
* You can find prepared pico de gallo, typically a combination of onions,
chiles, tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro, in the refrigerated section of the
produce department in most major supermarkets.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 330 calories Protein: 25 grams Fat: 19
grams Sodium: 90 milligrams Cholesterol: 100 milligrams Saturated Fat: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams Fiber: 3 grams
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board