- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 to 3 tablespoons New Mexico chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups Frijoles de Olla, drained
- 4 Navajo Tacos
- 2 cups mild Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- In a Dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat; add ground beef and cook
until just browned.
- Meanwhile, grind garlic, cumin and oregano to a paste in a molcajete or
mortar and pestle.
- Add chile powder, garlic paste and salt to the meat and cook for about 1
- Next, add 1 cup water and stir to make certain the meat is well broken up.
- Add beans, bring the chile mixture to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, until
most but not all the moisture has evaporated.
- Place the fry breads on serving plates and ladle the chile mixture over
- Top with the cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.