- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 to 3 tablespoons New Mexico chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups Frijoles de Olla, drained
- 4 Navajo Tacos
- 2 cups mild Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- In a Dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat; add ground beef and cook
until just browned.
- Meanwhile, grind garlic, cumin and oregano to a paste in a molcajete or
mortar and pestle.
- Add chile powder, garlic paste and salt to the meat and cook for about 1
- Next, add 1 cup water and stir to make certain the meat is well broken up.
- Add beans, bring the chile mixture to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, until
most but not all the moisture has evaporated.
- Place the fry breads on serving plates and ladle the chile mixture over
- Top with the cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
Other recipes you may like...
Pulled Pork Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa
Spicy Steak Tacos with Southwestern Guacamole
Tacos de Carnitas
Tacos el Carbon