- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup salsa
hard taco shells
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add the lentils, chili powder, cumin and oregano; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes
or until the lentils are tender.
- Uncover; cook for 6-8 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in salsa.
- Meanwhile, just before serving, heat the taco shells.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup into each taco shell and top with your favorite taco