- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup salsa
hard taco shells
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add the lentils, chili powder, cumin and oregano; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes
or until the lentils are tender.
- Uncover; cook for 6-8 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in salsa.
- Meanwhile, just before serving, heat the taco shells.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup into each taco shell and top with your favorite taco
Other recipes you may like...
Pulled Pork Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa
Spicy Steak Tacos with Southwestern Guacamole
Tacos de Carnitas
Tacos el Carbon