- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 12 hard taco shells
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add the lentils, chili powder, cumin and oregano; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes
or until the lentils are tender.
- Uncover; cook for 6-8 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in salsa.
- Meanwhile, just before serving, heat the taco shells.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup into each taco shell and top with your favorite taco
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.