Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork Tacos
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 (4 pound) bone-in pork shoulder butt roast, trimmed
- Juice of 3 medium oranges
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- Corn tortillas, warmed (6 inches)
- 12 ounces (2 cups) Specialty Cheese La VacaRica® Queso Fresco cheese, crumbled
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- Combine the cumin, chipotle chili pepper, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub seasonings on pork roast to coat.
- Place roast in a greased 5 quart slow cooker. Pour in orange juice. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Turn slow cooker off. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Skim fat from cooking juices. Transfer pork to a cutting board; shred meat. Return pork to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 30 to 35 minutes longer or until juices are absorbed.
- Meanwhile, whisk the rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a large bowl until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Top tortillas with pork, vegetables and queso fresco.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.