Soft Chicken Tacos with Sour Cream Salsa
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 3/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6-inch flour tortillas
- Bibb lettuce
- Shredded jack and Cheddar cheese
- Heat skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cut chicken into thin strips (fajita style) and toss with 1/2 teaspoon of
- Add chicken to preheated oil and cook chicken for about 5-6 minutes, stirring
- Remove chicken (keep in a warm oven) and add peppers until soft (about 3
- Place chicken back and mix in with peppers. (Keep on low heat so it stays
- In a mixing bowl, add sour cream, lime zest, fresh lime juice, cilantro,
tomatoes and remaining salt. Mix well.
- Warm tortillas but not too long, as tacos should remain soft.
- Fill tortillas with lettuce.
- Add desired amount of chicken and top with sour cream salsa and shredded
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.