Soft Chicken Tacos with Sour Cream Salsa
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 3/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6-inch flour tortillas
- Bibb lettuce
- Shredded jack and Cheddar cheese
- Heat skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cut chicken into thin strips (fajita style) and toss with 1/2 teaspoon of
- Add chicken to preheated oil and cook chicken for about 5-6 minutes, stirring
- Remove chicken (keep in a warm oven) and add peppers until soft (about 3
- Place chicken back and mix in with peppers. (Keep on low heat so it stays
- In a mixing bowl, add sour cream, lime zest, fresh lime juice, cilantro,
tomatoes and remaining salt. Mix well.
- Warm tortillas but not too long, as tacos should remain soft.
- Fill tortillas with lettuce.
- Add desired amount of chicken and top with sour cream salsa and shredded