Soft Chicken Tacos Delicioso
- 12 (6 inch) corn or flour tortillas
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 California avocados, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups prepared salsa
- Wrap tortillas in foil and keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
- Pound chicken until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Drizzle lemon juice over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, then cook chicken.
- Cut chicken diagonally into 1/4 inch slices; keep warm.
- Fill tortillas with shredded lettuce, chicken, diced avocado and red onion.
- Drizzle salsa over filling and gently fold in half.
Yield: 6 servings