Spicy Steak Tacos with Southwestern Guacamole
Eight spices give these tacos their wonderful, unforgettable flavor.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound raw lean,
trimmed flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon
- 8 tortillas (6 inches each)
- 1 cup chopped lettuce leaves
- 8 tablespoons
Sabra Veggie Fusions Southwestern Guacamole
- 4 tablespoons
- 4 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- In small dish, combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano,
paprika, cumin, salt and pepper, and stir together until well mixed.
- Place uncooked steak strips into re-sealable plastic bag and add spice mixture.
Seal bag and shake/turn until steak is coated with seasoning.
- Pour oil into large skillet and bring to medium heat. Add seasoned steak
strips and stir to coat steak with oil. Cook, stirring and flipping occasionally,
about 5 minutes, or until steak strips are cooked to taste. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas slightly in microwave then lay out to fill. Divide lettuce
and steak between tortillas and top each with 1 tablespoon of guacamole. Sprinkle
each taco with sprouts and slices of tomato and radish.
Recipe used with permission from
Source: Sabra - sabra.com