Tangy Turkey Tacos
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 12 taco shells
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar or jack cheese, grated
- Spray thin coating on nonstick cooking spray in a large skillet.
- Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add turkey and cook over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Drain meat and return to skillet.
- Add chili powder, jalapenos, cumin and water to meat mixture. Simmer until
- Fill each taco shell with 1/2 cup meat mixture.
- Top with lettuce and tomato.
- Garnish with cheese.
Serves 6 to 8.
Add more jalapenos for an even spicier taco!