- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon
fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 6 corn husks
- In a large bowl, mix cornmeal, salt, pepper, baking powder, and milk.
- In another bowl, cream butter until smooth. Add the cornmeal mixture gradually,
mixing well. Add chopped parsley, chopped cilantro, chopped green onion, and
basil. Mix together until smooth and well-blended.
- Soak corn husks until soft. Drain and pat dry. Spread with the cornmeal
mixture and top with 1-2 tablespoons black bean filling. Fold the sides of the
husk to the center, tie a thin strip of husk around one end to secure, and arrange
on a rack well above simmering water.
- Steam, covered, for about 1 hour.
Yield: 6 servings
Other Southwestern tamale recipes you may like...
Sweet Pineapple Tamales
New Mexican Pork Tamales
Chipotle Beef Tamales