Green Chile Cheese Tamale Filling
- 1 1/2 cups green tomatillo salsa
- 4 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded
and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 pound Mexican cheese or Monterey jack cheese
3 cups), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- In large bowl combine 1/2 cup of the salsa and the remaining ingredients.
(Reserve 1/2 of salsa to add to the masa.)
- Serve the remaining 1/2 cup of the salsa alongside the finished tamales.
This recipe makes enough filling for approximately 1 dozen tamales. Double, triple
or quadruple to desired amount.
Other Southwestern tamale recipes you may like...
Sweet Pineapple Tamales
New Mexican Pork Tamales
Chipotle Beef Tamales