- 3/4 cup strained raspberry puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup white corn Masa Harina
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 dry corn husks
- Bring water, sugar, molasses and puree to boil over medium high heat. Reduce
heat, stir in Masa Harina. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Mixture should roll into a ball without sticking
to your fingers. Spread onto softened husks (soften dry husks in water) evenly
(not as easy as it sounds). Leave a "rolling margin" at each side.
Set filling of your choice in a line through middle of dough. Fold in both sides
and press seam together. Leave ends open. Roll husk and tie ends tightly.
- Steam for 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours depending on thickness. Ideally, tamales
will slide out of husk and the dough will have a spongy texture.