This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Arizona Baked Corn
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 3 cups raw, tender corn, cut from cobs
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat lard and sauté onion without browning; then stir in celery and cook
for 5 minutes more.
- Add butter and stir in chili powder, then tomato puree and corn. Season
to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a casserole, top with cheese, and bake,
covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover and continue baking for 15 minutes more.
Yield: 4 servings