This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cinnamon Squash Rings
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup yellow or white cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 large acorn squash, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices and seeded
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix brown sugar, milk and egg. Mix bread crumbs, cornmeal and cinnamon.
- Dip squash slices into egg mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture; repeat
- Place squash slices in an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Drizzle with
- Bake uncovered until squash is tender, about 35 minutes.