This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Deep-Fried Squash Blossoms
Use the blossoms from winter squash, not zucchini.
- 20 to 30 fresh squash blossoms
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure ground chile
- Salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups corn meal
- Vegetable oil
- Wash blossoms gently, then pat dry.
- Beat together the eggs milk and seasonings. Dip each blossom in the mixture,
roll it in the corn meal, lay on a cookie sheet, and refrigerate for 15 minutes
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet and dry the blossoms a few at a time until crisp
and golden brown, about 3 minutes. Tongs will help to turn them over.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.